I’m always interested in reading a new book written on health from a Christian Perspective. While I love the topic of herbs and eating healthy, frankly I get tired of reading health books written from a New Age perspective. It is always refreshing to find a Christian Author who is well studied up on the topic of health! I especially appreciate Christian Authors who are balanced in their approach of natural medicine and the important role that Doctors still have also.
Health for Godly Generations: A Reformational Perspective spends the latter half of the text synthesizing current and traditional views of food and nutrition. The advantages of purity and wholesomeness of diet are explained. Unlike numerous respected books that focus on discussing nutrition and intersperse it with social commentary, this book emphasizes God’s Word, His works, and the future of Christian families. This forms a theological backdrop for addressing specific details. Broad concepts are taken into account and distilled into recommendations for tangible change.
This book discusses why and how both Scripture and history give insight regarding the biology, economy, and gastronomy of healthy food. Why not take a journey into a realm ripe for exploration? Creation’s bounty and culinary treasure, and their meaning for Christian obedience, are well-worth discovering.
I think this book would be an excellent addition to a collection of books on health. You can purchase it at Health For Generations for just $13.86
You can do any of these things for an extra entry. Make sure to leave a separate comment for EACH thing you do. Please leave a way to contact you if you win. If you currently follow in one of these ways, that still counts as an extra entry, even if you did it a while ago. Just make sure you are still following in that way (i.e via email, facebook, etc.).
1. Follow Health for Godly Generations on facebook!
2. Subscribe to Health for Godly Generations Free Newsletter!
3. Subscribe to our blog via email.
4. Follow us on our blog using Google Friend connect!
5. Follow us on Facebook and leave a comment letting us know.
6. Share about this giveaway on your Facebook page, and leave a comment with the link.-earn 2 entries!
7. Follow us on Twitter and leave a comment letting us know you follow!
8. Blog about this giveaway and leave the link.-2 extra entries (leave two comments saying you did this).
9. Place our NEW Modest Mom button on your blog (please replace the old one you might have) and earn TWO extra entries for doing so!
This giveaway will end Monday, January 17th at midnight, and a winner will be posted the following morning. We will notify the winner and they will have 36 hours to respond! Open to US Only.
This was not a paid post and my honest opinions were used. The opinions are solely my own. Thank you to Health For Generations who supplied the product for the review and giveaway.
I know how busy life can get! If you don’t want to miss other great giveaways, consider following the blog through email, or google friend connect so you won’t miss out!