Inevitably the question always arises. “What do you want for____(Birthday, Christmas, Mother’s Day…) and you struggle to find a good answer. So I decided to put together a gift guide for the homeschooling mom to give you ideas! You could even just email your husband this blog post to give him ideas and he could surprise you this Christmas!
Some women want all practical gifts, and others love a little splurge when it comes time for gifts. I’m a combination of both, so you will see that on this gift guide!
- Comb Binding Machine– Let’s just jump in with a super practical gift! My friend recently gave me something she had printed off and bound, and I was surprised that I had never even thought of getting one of these. Now it’s high on my wish list! I can see how practical it would be for printing off workbooks for the children, and ebooks for myself.
2. Scotch Laminator – I received this two years ago and love it! I’ve laminated a lot of printables for school, or flashcards that come in a set that I want to keep nice. Every homeschooling mom should get one!
3. Pencil Sharpener – You know how frustrating it is to not find pencils, or not find any that are sharpened! I’ve been through several pencil sharpeners during our school years, and so far the one that has lasted the longest is the manual Carl-Angel Pencil Sharpener. My mother in law gave it to me a few years ago and it’s still going strong!
4. Instant Pot – these are all the rage and for good reasons! I love cooking frozen chicken breast from Zaycon in this, and baked potatoes are so moist and yummy. Brown rice also turns out nicely in here. I need to try more recipes, but for what I currently use it for I’m really happy. I have a 6 quart and it works ok, but would love to get an 8 quart one day. These are even better than crock pots for homeschooling moms in my opinion. How many times do you forget to set out the meat and it’s still frozen at 5:00, or you just don’t know what you are going to make? But if you want to use a crock pot, this will function as one!
5. Teaching From Rest Book – You have to stay encouraged as a homeschooling mom. The days can be so long and difficult! This book will bring you immense encouragement and it’s an easy, shorter read. A must have book!
6. Essential Oil Diffuser – I pulled my diffuser out from the box when we moved and it didn’t work anymore. I just purchased a new one from Amazon so we will see what I think. I’m thinking about joining Young Living again under one of my best friend’s to get their starter kit, as I’m out of some of my favorite oils (Thieves, Peppermint, Lavender, Peace and Calming) and that’s another great gift idea! Essential oils could help calm you down on a frustrating homeschooling day!
7. The Homeschool Planner – Do you need a new planner, or want to try something different for 2018? Grab this PDF homeschool planner that we created and then have it printed out and bound as a gift!
8. Lilla Rose Hair Products – It’s hard to get up in the morning and look put together. Some days homeschooling moms are tempted to stay in their pajamas, but I always encourage moms who read this blog to try and get up and get dressed! It can really help you be more productive. A Lilla Rose Flexi Clip is a super easy way to fix your hair in a minute or two and make it look nice! If you need Sizing or Styling ideas, watch this video.
9. Homeschool Mama Shirt – Why not go ahead and share at the grocery store that you are a homeschooling mom with this t-shirt? You know they are wondering when you come in at 10:00 AM with your five school age children with you! HA! I think this is a sweet shirt!
10. Diffuser Necklace – this is another gift high on my list this year. I love how this one looks and I’ve been really wanting to try it! Put a few drops of essential oil in the necklace and you can smell it for several hours. This would be great for soothing oils, or essential oils for headaches.
11. Reversable Faux Leather Tote bag – Homeschooling mom’s need good bags. Whether you want a larger purse to hold the diaper and wipes for that toddler, or you want to stash a few books and a planner in your purse, I’ve found I prefer carrying a little bit larger purse. This reversible tote bag looks classic and super nice, and it should hold up well! Another item on my wish list (I’ve seen a blogger use this tote for a few years now!).
12. The Life Giving Table – This isn’t a homeschooling book, but I think Sally Clarkson is an amazing author, and mentor from afar. This is her latest book and I have it on my nightstand to read! Bring some life back into your mealtime and home through the inspiration and guidance found in this book.
13. Paper Cutter – Homeschooling moms have a lot of paper projects, and this paper cutter will be a big help! I recently had a friend help me with a project and she used this paper cutter. It made the job so much quicker!
Some other ideas I thought of are an Amazon Prime membership, or a Stitch Fix gift card! Homeschooling moms don’t spend a lot of time pampering themselves or going out shopping for clothes, so this is a fun way to have clothes delivered at home from a stylist.
I’d love to know what is on your wish list this year? I love hearing what others are wanting to get!