I’ve received many requests for this double twist hairstyle tutorial, and finally took the time to film the instructions. I learned how to twist my hair like this when I was 13, and once you learn it is incredibly easy to do! The hairstyle has an elegance to it, and with different hair textures it will have it’s own unique look. You could go on to add variations to this, doing something with the ends of your hair (twisting it up and pinning it, etc.) but I’m only showing the basic instructions.
1. Part your hair in the middle. Take a section of hair and divide it into two.
2. Cross over the two parts, then add some hair to one section and cross over again. It’s like French Braiding with only 2 sections instead of 3.
3. Continue twisting the two sections, adding a little bit more hair to every section until you reach the bottom. Secure the bottom with a clip or elastic.
4. Start at the top of the other side, taking two sections and dividing it, then crossing over and adding more hair to each section.
5. Twist all the way to the bottom, then add both sides together. If a side has become a little loose, just twist it up again before securing together. Use a flexi clip to hold it together for a lovely look, or use an elastic.
6. You are all done!
Here is the video tutorial I put together. My lens had to focus a couple of times during the video, so I apologize about that. I’m still learning how to make good videos (and any photographers that want to pass on good tips are appreciated!).
Now for the exciting news! Lilla Rose has a four day fall sale that starts today! Every single item is 10% off, plus any item that is black is 15% off, and brown and orange are up to 15% off! If you want to find the sale items based on their color, you can enter the color name in the search bar.
To the sale even more exciting, if you purchase $40.00 (before shipping or tax) I will personally send you a free flexi clip from my inventory! I can’t promise it will be the same size you order, but I will try hard to match it up to the same size or close to it.
This is a never before offered sale, and I’m not sure when I will be able to offer it again!
You can watch a sizing and styling video, or use the tips below to help you figure out the size you need. Remember that Lilla Rose has an awesome 90 day exchange or refund policy if you order the wrong size!
Want an easy way to tell what size you are without the sizing video? Put your hand around your full ponytail and squeeze down…If the amount you’re holding resembles a nickel, you’re an extra small. A quarter, you’re a small. A 50 cent piece, you’re a medium, and anything bigger and you’ll need large or xl. This would be for a ponytail or tails-up. A half-up would be a smaller size, and a French twist would be larger.