A common complaint I hear when talking about wearing skirts is how to avoid your inner thigh chafing. When your legs are not as thin as a barbie doll, they can rub together and feel sticky, and even get irritated. I haven’t personally dealt with this issue very much, but I’ve read of lots of women who have and what they do. I also remember my mom dealing with this and some things she did to prevent it.
There are several different ways you can avoid this problem!
1. Wear cotton pettipants! I have heard so many good things about these cotton pettipants that are on Amazon (for a really good price!). If I had this problem I would try this first. They look comfortable and have excellent reviews. Available in sizes Small-XXLarge, in white, black and cream.
2. Wear spandex or bike shorts under your skirts. This not only helps to prevent the chafing, but also is a little slenderizing! You can find a huge selection of bike shorts here. Jockey makes underwear that is a long length, and would also work great!
3. This might sound strange to some, but I’ve heard so much good feedback about this solution! Rub some deodorant on your inner thighs before you get dressed for the day. That will prevent the rubbing. I prefer a deodorant without aluminum. Right now I use Arm & Hammer natural deodorant because I can get it at Walmart for a good price. Another favorite of mine is Truly’s natural deodorant. It works really good, but you would have to use your fingers since it is not a rub on.
4. During the winter months wear leggings! That way you stay warm and it prevents the chafing! My favorite leggings are the fleece lined leggings that I wear all winter long.
5. This looks like it would work really well! An Anti-Chafing skin protectant stick. It does not contain any petroleum, mineral, vegetable oils, lanolin, water or alcohol.
Those are the ideas I have to prevent thigh rub, I’d love to hear what you do!
Follow the rest of our Building a Modest Wardrobe series here!