*Major Mommy Brain! I actually wrote 5 reasons to consider modesty. So you get a bonus reason free! :)*
This post isn’t going to give you a detailed list of what is and is not modest according to Caroline. I have my personal standards of what I feel is modest, but I don’t feel this post is the place for sharing that.
What I want to share is the fact that standards do exist, and you must, absolutely must consider modesty. I am going to outline my reasons for that below.
1. You owe it to yourself to be modest. Show yourself respect and cover up! If you value yourself as a woman, you will be want to protect that title and dress as a woman should dress.
2. Your husband deserves a wife who dresses to show respect to herself and to him. If he doesn’t understand why you don’t want to wear a low cut shirt that reveals cleavage, explain to him that you want to keep those things hidden for only him!
3. The children that God has given to you need a role model to look up to; and they certainly need better role models than the ones that Victoria Secret offers. Raise up daughters who are accustomed to standards, and raise boys who will look for a girl who possesses dignity.
4. You owe it to your church. How distracting do you really want to be to the people you worship with? When a woman walks in with practically nothing on in church, it can cause quite a few heads to be turned. Consider the fact that if you are wearing a strapless dress to church, when you sit in a pew it appears as if you have nothing on. Only your bare shoulders are being seen as you try to soak in the message. The people behind you (I don’t care if it is men or women!) can easily get distracted by you! You might think, “Well, that’s their problem.” Possibly, but its just as much yours, if not more so. There simply is no reason to go to church wearing strapless dresses or mini skirts or deeply scooped blouses. We should be careful not to do anything to distract from the worship of God.
5. This one could be titled “your God”. Why? The world in which you live in needs to see the example of a modest and feminine woman. “But I’m just one person, I’m not going to make a change!” you might be tempted to cry. You don’t know that for sure. Let me say it again – you don’t know that for sure. Dress so as to please your heavenly Father and leave the results to him. Of course, our clothes should not be the only thing different (its really only a tiny part of our witness!) Our actions need to reflect something different, something holy. Be an enticement, but not in the usual sexy way! Entice others to get to know you and don’t be afraid to share why you dress modestly if or when you’re asked!
1. Get up and dressed with a smile on your face!
2. Read day 18 of “Frumps to Pumps“. (Affiliate Link)
3. Read through the list above and decide what your reasons are for wanting to dress modestly?