Hi! It’s Angela Coffman, mom to 6, and blogger at the Grocery Shrink where I write about sticking to a modest budget. Today I’m visiting to tell you about some amazing natural cleaning products. I gave some samples to Caroline who will be popping in at the end to tell you her personal opinion of them.
For years I made my own cleaning products. They were super cheap and safe for my family. They didn’t work as well as the name brand cleaners, but I was willing to give up some efficiency to trade for safety. The main ingredient in most of my formulas was vinegar—and it smelled. I told myself the smell wasn’t too bad, but I noticed I was cleaning less and less. Just thinking about smelling the vinegar smell again was enough to give up on basic chores. Plus, I kept a bottle of Tilex on lock up for the times when I had tough cleaning jobs. I knew it wasn’t safe, but it worked…what to do?
A friend gave me a few bottles of safe “green” cleaners to try. I was skeptical, but agreed to give it a go. I was surprised to discover they not only worked, but smelled amazing. Would they be affordable?
She explained that a bottle of concentrated cleaner was $5.69 and diluted to make 6 spray bottles of cleaner…or $.94 a bottle. Then she showed me how I could get extra discounts or profit share with the company. It all of a sudden didn’t make sense to make my own products any more.
They make more than 400 products; I chose these for Caroline to try:
- All purpose cleaner: cleans up everyday dirt and grime anywhere—counters, tables, appliances, even natural stone—using no caustic chemicals.
- Bathroom cleaner: It melts away soap scum and hard water stains with minimal scrubbing and no harsh fumes or abrasives. This one is amazing….my secret stash of Tilex is officially gone.
- Disinfectant: An EPA approved disinfectant that combines thyme oil and citric acid as active ingredients. It’s good for doorknobs, toilet handles, cutting boards, and toys. Stop illness in it tracks before it can spread!
- Glass Cleaner: Fingerprints gone, no streaks…..love it.
- Dishwasher packs: My toddler comes running when he hears me reaching for the dishwasher pack bag. It’s his favorite job to help with. These enzyme powered packs dissolve fully and leave your dishes sparkling clean, even the glasses. No need for rinse agents.
- Vitamins: I know these aren’t cleaning products, but they changed my life. These vitamins bind the minerals to fiber and protein so the body absorbs them more readily. They’ve been proven to significantly reduce free radical activity. After 3 days, I was a new energetic person. With everything Caroline has on her plate, I really wanted her to try them.
Normally a lifetime membership to the company costs $29, but they are having a New Year Special. Until January 20th memberships are just $1. Click to find out more.
Caroline here ~ I really like the cleaning products I’ve tried! I’m very sensitive to smells and often get products with no scent, which isn’t any fun! I actually enjoy the smells of these cleaning products (which only happens when they are natural products).
Beyond the nice smell, they actually work! Our son told me they make his job of cleaning the bathroom so much easier, which is a huge plus! The dishwasher packs work great. Our oldest son loads the dishwasher, and isn’t quite as careful about how he loads it as I am. They came out shining clean using the dishwasher pack, so I was happy!
So many natural cleaners are really expensive, so I’m thrilled to find something that my children can safely use, and that is super affordable!