Yes that title was inspired from the Sound of Music song being in my head. Our children have a huge
obsession love of that song, and I hear it sung over and over again!
You might laugh (because it will seem so obvious), but I’ve come to realize that I really like clothes. And Makeup. Shoes (low on my list for some reason but I still like them). Hair accessories. Earrings (love!).
I used to feel like it was wrong to admit that. I didn’t want to be labeled as the vain girl who is always concerned with her appearance. I really don’t feel that I’m obsessive with it though, because I walk into church on Wednesday evenings looking dead tired and frazzled. I have the “Postpartum New Mom” written all over me, complete with the spit up and burp cloth always nearby. 😉
However the few minutes I do give to clothes and makeup I find super fun. It’s my grown up moment in the midst of being with young children all the time.
Here are a few of my favorite things for May.
1. Urban Decay Revolution Lipgloss – I received some samples of this in my monthly Ipsy Bag. It’s the first lipgloss I’ve received from them that I just fell in love with. The Failbait color is a neutral pink that adds the right amount of color. I love creamy lipgloss that has a nice shine to it, and this one totally does!
I’ve had the page open to buy it for several days now but I still haven’t. It’s $22 and I’ve never spent that much on a lipgloss. I can’t decide! It is top on my wish list right now.
2. Flower Wedge Sandals – These I did order while they were on sale. I should have ordered them sooner as I’ve been looking at them online for a month or two now. I wear a 9.5 and they only had a 9 left. Yes I have big feet. I’m hoping since it’s a sandal that it will be ok, otherwise I’ll have to take them back. They are so adorable!
3. Dangle Earrings – If I had to pick just one accessory to wear it would be earrings. Especially dangle earrings. I’ve been looking for a dark blue pair of earrings and just ordered these.
4. Grove Lip Balm and Soy Candle – I love this new product line from ePantry! The lip balm is a huge tube of creamy, nourishing lip balm that I put on every night. I keep it in my bathroom and it’s the last thing I do at night before I go to bed. I don’t wake up with dry chapped lips when I use this. It comes in a huge tube!
The soy candle is a wonderful orange smell. LOVE it! Through May 31, you can get $10 credit to ePantry when you sign up as a new customer, plus you will receive one of these soy candles for free ($12.95 value)! I love ePantry and order my Seventh Generation diapers, Mrs. Meyer cleaning products and some fun products like the lip balm from them.
It’s a great time to try them out with the free credit and free candle. Plus after you sign up, share your own referral link with your friends and receive $20 in credit through May 31st!
5. Build Your Bundle – Not makeup or clothes related, but it’s on my favorite things list for May! We were out of town until last night so I haven’t had a chance to really look through what I want to get from this week long sale yet. The Bundle for Boys looks great. What I like about this homeschool curriculum sale is that you can build your own bundle, basically create a curriculum package that you need.
This discount is not good on previous bundles purchased, and only lasts today! Use the code: BYB527 to save!