Our Special Christmas Announcement!

It feels so special to be able to share this news during the Christmas season when you are dwelling on the birth of baby Jesus.

We are expecting a baby!

*Insert squeals and shouts for joy*

Baby Allen #7 is due in August and we are all so excited to welcome a new little baby into our home!

We tried to let Sophia announce it to family by wearing this shirt, but they totally didn’t get it. They thought it was just a hand me down shirt she was wearing. Ha! Our children finally sang them a cute little song they had made up about the baby coming. It was really sweet!

For those of you who remember my pregnancy journey with Sophia, I am on Progesterone again. We have come to realize it’s the only way that I can carry a baby now. I had my first ever really early miscarriage earlier this year, and after testing my progesterone levels they were horribly low and just unable to sustain a pregnancy.

I’m incredibly thankful for the Doctor that takes care of me (he works along with my midwife but he is my care provider managing my medicine). I have been going for weekly blood draws and we have had to tweak my medicine and add more, but so far I’ve managed to avoid doing the Progesterone shots. Praise God! I wasn’t sure if I could go through another pregnancy doing those horribly painful shots.

For those of you who are curious, or think we have totally lost our mind to be adding a 7th baby to our family, here are some fun facts.

We already have a 12 passenger Ford Transit van, so we have plenty of room to add another car seat!

Since we just moved to a larger house, 2 children are in each bedroom. We have a huge unfinished basement and plan on finishing a bedroom downstairs at some point, and will probably move our boys down there when they are little older. So we have plenty of room for one more!

I always wanted a large family. All through high school I said I wanted 12 children (not my current goal!). Sean never once thought about how many children he wanted, but I’m so thankful that he loves children and wants a large family as well!

We don’t have children based on our finances. This is such common concern and a big reason behind why families don’t have more children. Our children have so many more things compared to what I had growing up, and they are happy and healthy. We don’t plan on paying their way through college, but besides that every need is provided for and lots of extras.

Yes, we really wanted this child. It wasn’t an accident or a surprise.

The children are all hoping it’s a boy, but we are ok either way!

Comments

1. Congratulations to you all! May you be blessed with an easy uneventful pregnancy and delivery. You do not have to explain anything to anyone.

2. Congrats! What a blessing! Praying for you and your pregnancy. I am sorry you have to give reasons how many kids and pregnancy you have. Merry Christmas to you and your family!❤️

3. Amen to what Anita said! No explanation necessary. What a blessing for your whole family! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby. ☺️ May God continue to bless you abundantly.

A very merry Christmas to you and may the miracle of the Incarnation glow in your heart all year long.

4. Yay!! Congratulations Caroline and Allen family!! Praying for a very healthy pregnancy!! God bless you! 💜

5. JANICE GRADY says:

Congrats!! I’m expecting #7 in July!!

6. Yay, congratulations! 💕 We are expecting our 4th in June; I just had to smell that unduplicatible infant smell and see those tiny toes and fingers again (that’s what I say every time). 😂

7. Ha your not crazy we just found out we are expecting baby number #9 and we have a 15 passenger van.

Congratulations!!

8. Congratulations! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy

9. Congrats! In my church the families are huge (one of the moms is expecting number nine, and her sister in law is expecting number ten!) , so when you said number seven I thought they’re just getting started, lol!

I hope you can keep us updated with news of your little one!

10. Praise God! Congratulations! Praying that you and baby stay healthy through your whole pregnancy. We have five kids (2, 4, 6, 8 and 10) and a Transit as well, so plenty of space. 🙂
    Your explanation is perfect. It always disappoints me that people, even Christians, often think we are wrong to have so many. Why are many excited to receive every other blessing, but want to limit the blessing of children?
    I hope that you and your beautiful large family have a very Merry Christmas!

11. Dyan Croushore says:

Congratulations, Caroline! I’m carrying baby number 12 (we’ve had three miscarriages), and we are just as excited as we were with the first baby, only better because the kids are all so excited as well! It is a blessing to have a large family, and although it has its hard times and sacrifices, it is well worth it. God bless you as you serve Him this way! I will be praying for you all.

12. Shelly Foster says:

What a blessing!! I was hoping this was your surprise!!!

13. Congrats!Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you. Merry Christmas!

14. Anissa Kauffman says:

Congratulations Caroline! God’s Blessings on your pregnancy!

15. Congratulations!!!! Yay!! So happy for all of you!!

We too are expecting a baby!! It’s baby #6 for us, and I’m 11 weeks along. Our baby is due in July. God is good!! We are all so excited to meet him/her!!

Merry Christmas to all your sweet family!!

16. I had #4 in September. Not planning to have more, although that makes me sad to say! But we also aren’t planning to do anything permanent or hormonal for contraception, so more kids are possible. I have a lot of pain with pregnancy so that’s why we’re quitting for now, hopefully.

17. Congrats! I had 6 with 4 miscarriages. I love our big family. Merry Christmas to you and yours and prayers for a successful pregnancy without complications.

18. Lisa Cobbb says:

Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing! So happy for you and your family!

19. Congratulations!!! So happy for you and your family! 😊

20. So so exciting! Congratulations! I’m due with #1 in July, a honeymoon baby! I always wanted a large family and am very thankful that my husband shares the same desire.

21. I think it’s wonderful! God’s bleeding! My husband and I have 10 living children. We wanted and would have had more if I had had a dr. Who knew or cared about progesterone levels. They looked at it like” you have too many already”. Really sad. I’m so happy for you and your family.

22. Congratulations to all. Prayers that you will have an easy and healthy pregnancy. MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY,HEALTHY,BLESSED 2018.
    Marion and family

23. Hannah Beth Reid says:

Congratulations to your family!

24. Congratulations!! I think it’s awesome that you want a large family!! Children are a blessing from the Lord!!

25. Congrats! I just had my 7th last year (I am 33 so I get a lot of questions) and I love my Ford Transit I 1 year ago. It is easier since your oldest children are such a big help. God bless! Merry Christmas!

26. What a blessing indeed. I was blessed with only 1 child Drs, said there would be no more and that is how it was. So over the years we did foster care so altogether we had 29 children. I was blessed.

27. Janet Smith says:

This news is so exciting. Congratulations and your name will be a constant in my prayer journal. I cannot tell you at the age of 68 how often I’ve wished I had reared a houseful! I look forward to sharing your continued journey thanks to this “virtual world we enjoy”.

28. Oh, so happy for your growing family – you are truly blessed. Congrats and merry christmas.

29. Congratulations! Will be praying! I understand the progesterone. I had that with my one and only thstvi was able to carry. I lost 7 and it was only after the last one that thus isduevwas finally found!

30. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

31. Congratulations!!! This is wonderful news for your family! You are not crazy! Enjoy your Christmas and look forward to Baby 7. 😀

32. Soooo happy for you all! My God bless and protect you and your baby and children are a true blessing from God!
    Have a wonderful Christmas too 😃💕

33. Congrats! We had two miscarriages over the past year both before and after an international move. We are expecting #4 in August. They put me on progesterone just in case even though they haven’t tested me for it. I hope it helps me to finally carry a pregnancy like it helped for you! Expecting #7 is so amazing!

34. Congratulations! How very exciting for your family!

35. Congratulations!!!!!! So excited for you and your family!!

36. Congratulations, Caroline! I’m thrilled for you and your family! Thanks for letting your readers in on your happy news!

37. What a Christmas blessing! Congratulations Caroline!

38. Congratulations to you and your husband! Merry Christmas!

39. Congratulations! What a blessing and special gift from the Lord! Merry Christmas!

40. Merry Christmas and CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a lovely Christmas surprise for your readers, and what a blessing for your family!! I can’t wait to see pictures of the little one in a few months!!

41. Dear Caroline,
    My name is Ricarda and I’m from Germany. I’m reading your blog for years now and it’s beautiful to see your lovely family grow. I was really exiceted to read those news. We only have one daughter but we are hoping for a second child soon… a number seven is amazing.
    Be blessed and have a merry Christmas!

42. Congratulations and God bless your beautiful family!

43. Congratulations to your family! I just love hearing baby news, especially from big families 🙂

44. Congratulations! Such great news — no doubt every baby is an incredible gift!

45. Congrats! I always wanted 5, but my body doesn’t like to be pregnant and I know we are done. I have had 3 miscarriages, 3 premature babies and only 1 considered full term at 37 weeks. My baby is 18 months old and I’m feeling the need for baby cuddles and then I do nursery at church and I’m so glad those sweet babies are going home with their moms. ha!