An Adoption story written by God!

An Adoption Story Written By God!  | themodestmomblog.com

My older sister and I grew up longing for the same things, a husband and children. I was married at 19, Jennifer waited until she was 30. We both believed in waiting for the one God had for us, and didn’t want to date around. So she waited, sometimes with tears in her eyes, other times with a steadfast faith.

She was blessed to marry my brother in law, who is five years younger then Jennifer. The waiting became clear after they became married, she needed her husband to become old enough to get married! 🙂

After they were married they were remodeling their house and adjusting to married life. Children would come in a few months, or so they thought. Soon after that, my Mom became critically ill with her Lupus. It went into her brain (something that is extremely unusual) and she ended up needing to move in with Jennifer and her husband, and was put on Hospice. She died in their home, and Jennifer was a faithful, tender caregiver. During that time, the thought of children was put away as she just focused on tending to our Mom.

We cried and grieved and tried to move on in life.  Jennifer moved her house around and made preparations for a baby to come. The only problem was, the baby just wasn’t coming.

After giving it time, and then some more time, they started visiting different Doctors. Fertility doctors pressured them to do expensive treatments that have low statistics of working. While they pursued different treatments that were non invasive, they started considering adoption.

Going into marriage Jennifer and her husband had always talked about wanting to adopt – after they had their own biological children. Maybe God was telling them they needed to consider it sooner though?

Jennifer went back to work full time to start saving up money to adopt a baby. They also started taking foster classes through the state, hoping to possibly adopt a child that way. We did a large adoption fundraiser for them on the blog, which was a great blessing. They had their names on a list with a local Christian adoption agency.

But no child came along. The state did not call, and their home study was not chosen for a baby. My sister had her low moments of being discouraged, but she had learned lessons in waiting for a husband, and she now applied those lessons towards waiting for a baby. I was amazed, and continue to be amazed over how joyful and happy she was for other women that were having babies. I had to tell her two times after she was married that I was expecting another baby, and she responded in such a sweet, joyful manner.

Finally she received a phone call from the state after not hearing a word from them for a whole year. I was with her when they called, and we both screamed for joy when she hung up the phone. There were twin boys who were 4 that were in a  foster to adopt situation, and they wanted to know if they were interested! They submitted their names along with other families, and amazingly they were chosen. The social worker later told them that as soon as she read their home study she felt they were the family for the boys.

A Mom with her boys given to her through adoption! | themodestmomblog.com

Last year the boys came to live with them as foster children. It was an adjustment for sure, they are quiet around other people and it took them awhile to start trusting their new home and parents. But before long they called them Mom and Dad, and started clinging to them.

It took 9 months and 10 days (the time of an overdue pregnancy!), but on Valentine’s Day this year they adopted their boys! It was such an exciting day, and I cried when they called and said it was official. I’m so ecstatic for my sister, after five years of marriage she finally is a mommy!

Twin boys found a new forever home through adoption! | themodestmomblog.com

They have not given up on having biological children, nor have they given up on adopting a baby. Their names are going back on the list soon at the Christian agency, and they hope to add more children to their home, Lord willing!

Adoption is such a precious gift, and I’m so thankful that more and more Christians are opening up their home and their love to children who truly need good homes. A homeschooling family we know recently opened up their home to fostering children, and she wrote a wonderful blog post explaining the reasons why.

Jennifer has written about infertility and adoption in the Pursuit of Motherhood eBook. Along with many other chapters, those are a great blessing for women struggling through infertility, or hoping to adopt a baby.

The Pursuit of Motherhood eBook | Themodestmomblog.com

buy_now_button_pink

$7.99

(Affiliate Link)

You can read more about this book and view the other chapters here.

Comments

1. Danielle B says:

Awwwwww!!!!! I’m so happy for Jennifer and her husband!! I’ve been wondering how it’s been going. This is such a wonderful update. Even brought tears to my eyes. The boys have a great set of parents no doubt!

• Danielle B says:

Isaiah 61:1-9 came to my mind. Verse 7 really stood out to me.

The Spirit of God, the Master, is on me because God anointed me. He sent me to preach good news to the poor, heal the heartbroken, Announce freedom to all captives, pardon all prisoners. God sent me to announce the year of his grace— a celebration of God’s destruction of our enemies— and to comfort all who mourn, To care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion, give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes, Messages of joy instead of news of doom, a praising heart instead of a languid spirit. Rename them “Oaks of Righteousness” planted by God to display his glory. They’ll rebuild the old ruins, raise a new city out of the wreckage. They’ll start over on the ruined cities, take the rubble left behind and make it new. You’ll hire outsiders to herd your flocks and foreigners to work your fields, But you’ll have the title “Priests of God,” honored as ministers of our God. You’ll feast on the bounty of nations, you’ll bask in their glory.

7 Because you got a double dose of trouble and more than your share of contempt, Your inheritance in the land will be doubled and your joy go on forever. (Isaiah 61:1-7 MSG)

“Because I, God, love fair dealing and hate thievery and crime, I’ll pay your wages on time and in full, and establish my eternal covenant with you. Your descendants will become well-known all over. Your children in foreign countries Will be recognized at once as the people I have blessed.” (Isaiah 61:8, 9 MSG)

2. Oh, I’m SOO happy for them! What a precious gift after waiting so long! May the Lord bless them abundantly!

3. What a precious family. Praise God for moving in both their lives.

4. Your sister’s twin boys are adorable! What a sweet story. By the way, my husband and his 2 adopted sisters were all adopted as babies. 🙂

5. Yay!! I’ve been prayerfully thinking of your sister a lot since the fundraiser. I assumed you’d post an update when there was an update to post 🙂 I really can’t stop smiling! What a wonderful blessing to a wonderful couple!!! Thank you for the update.

6. Christine Bauer says:

What a sweet sweet story! God put my husband and I together when I was 30 and we waited 5 years for a baby as well. God has given us our first (who is 7 months old now), but we are praying for more, should that be His will. We have often discussed adoption and I am starting to look into it now. Thank you for sharing this story!

7. Charlotte Moore says:

What good news to share. I know they are thrilled.

GOD BLESS!!!

8. How exciting and congratulations!!! As a mom to 15 adopted kids, I totally know that joy. Our most recent placement was a sib group of 7. Those boys are adorable and mom looks totally ecstatic!!! Now I want to dress my 2 and 4 year like that.

May God continue to bless them with many more children.

9. I am so thrilled to see this update, I have wondered how they were doing! They are adorable and in a wonderful family, I’ll bet your son is thrilled for some boy cousins too 😉

10. So exciting!!! They are so handsome too. So thrilled for your sister 🙂

11. It is so awesome that children can be born of our womb or born of our hearts! God is faithful in both situations!! Joy, joy, joy!!

12. Wonderful! Congrats to Neil, Jennifer, and their boys! We are looking to bring our first child, a 2-year-old boy, home from Hong Kong in a couple of months. We have waited over seven years for children already. God be praised; He is good and His mercy endures forever 🙂

13. What a beautiful story. My congratulations go out to your sister and her family. Handsome little men, so glad they found their forever home!!

14. Caroline, thanks so much for sharing your sister’s story. I cried as I read. Her faithfulness in the midst of the waiting is really an inspiration!

15. I cried reading this story. I dealt with infertility for several years before God finally blessed us with 3 kiddos in under 4 years. I can understand how hard it can be, but I thank God that your sister was willing to adopt and provide a family for those sweet little boys!

16. Bikingrandma says:

My niece and her husband went for a foreign adoption from China and had to wait several years for a response, but when it came, they were doubly blessed with adorable twin girls, one year old! It has not been easy for them due to some developmental problems, but they are so happy to finally be parents. God has been good to them, and we rejoice with them!

17. We struggled with infertility for almost 5 years. We lost 2 babies and it was the hardest thing. I was not always joyful about waiting, and we also considered adoption during those times, but God never opened that door. God blessed us with 3 babies in 4 years, which I am so thankful for.

18. Crying tears of joy for this dear family…for Jennifer and her husband, to be sure, but also for the twin boys. As a Mama of twin boys (and another set with one in heaven, one on earth), I know they are inseparable. The bond between twins is beyond explanation really…I am just so thankful these two boys can grow up together. In a loving Christian home.

We’ll keep praying for biological children for Jennifer and her husband. And/or more adopted children as God leads.

May God meld the bonds of love.

PS. Can’t imagine how you’ve been able to keep this “underwraps” Caroline.

19. That’s great news. So happy for Jennifer and her husband.

20. Jacqueline says:

WHen I saw the title of this post, I was hoping it was going to be about your sister! So happy for them and for those little boys! Wishing them God’s blessing as they adjust to this new life.

21. I too cried as I read this! So excited for your sister and your whole family! We struggled with not being able to have children for 12 years and were told it would be a miracle if I ever did become pregnant…well God is in the miracle business! We were blessed after 12 and 14 years with 2 pregnancies!!! Not without complications but God was in total control and now we have a son and daughter miracles!! All in God’s timing! We are praying for them too!

22. How wonderful! I am glad it all came together for your sister. I am a mom by both adoption and birth. Blessings on them.
    Becky

23. How amazing :). This really is a good news story and it sure brightened my day!

24. That is awesome!!! I’m so happy for them! 🙂

25. Rejoicing with your family! I love the way the Lord works. 🙂

26. Aww! Congratulations! Such a blessed account to read! Gives encouragement to folks like us who are still waiting on the Lord. 🙂

27. What a beautiful story. I struggled with infertility for a few years, but was finally blessed biologically with boy/girl twins, who are now five. Your sister’s story made me smile and cry (happy ones) at the same time. Congrats!!!

28. Wonderful news! Congratulations!!!

29. Kim Crawford says:

Our family was a part of your adoption fundraiser, having been blessed by adoption ourselves. It is such a joy to hear of the Lord’s hand in your nephews adoption!

• They still have all the money saved up to adopt a baby, since the twins was a state adoption. They are so grateful for everyone who gave, and are eager to get back on the waiting list for a baby! 🙂

30. I am so excited for your sister and her husband! What a double blessing!

31. Hello Caroline! I am 18 and have been following your blog for a while, and I find it very encouraging. I just wanted to say I am so happy for Jennifer! She is such a role model of patience, endurance, faithfulness, and love <3 I am so glad she was able to adopt these boys, they will have a great home. I had read before about Jennifer when you wrote about her wedding, and her wish to adopt, and it is so very encouraging to see that God has come through for her : ) (Of course He did!) I wish you all the best, thanks for the great posts!

32. Yippee!! Thanks so much for sharing this update. I too have been praying for your sister and am so happy to hear how they have been blessed!

33. This is such a beautiful story, Caroline! So happy for Jennifer and your entire family. Thank you for sharing.

34. WOW … Halleluyah! My family has been very busy lately as we prepare to leave the country for 6 weeks, and somehow I missed this blog post until tonight! I saw you were going to the adoption party and I wondered if you had posted anything about the children and the adoption. For some reason (thank you Holy Spirit) I decided to type “Adoption” in on your search box and this was the first post to come up!!! I was so thrilled but my family was gathered around the dinner table, so I didn’t have time to read everything until after. WOW! I am SO happy for Neil and Jennifer. I pray many blessings on them as they train up these boys (and hopefully many more blessings) in the way they should go. I found it pretty amazing that I found your blog when you were doing the large fundraiser and that I was privileged to help out in a very small way with the adoption … those are two handsome gentleman! I’ve always been interested in adoption and always love hearing the stories. It is such a beautiful reminder how the Father has adopted us to be His children. There is a song that I would like to share with you, it is called Children Of God … here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kdag-VqchM . Blessings to you and your family as well as your sister, brother-in-law and their boys!

Trackbacks